Blast from the Past

Today I thought i'd reminisce on some past projects I created when I was 14- 16 years of age.
 First up is my favourite that I made when I was 16, at this stage of my life I was addicted to the TLC show 'Toddlers and Tiaras', so naturally I decided to make a glitz pageant dress. Some may think its a tacky concept with bad values placed behind a glitzy dress, but for one I loved every minute sewing over the top sequin trims and curly frills!
The next dress was inspired by Australia's beautiful Great Barrier Reef. At the tender age of 16 I wanted to use colour, and lots of it! This dress in particular probably took the longest time to make, but at the time I thought it was worth it. By now you can probably tell my fashion sense is very over the top and full of colour!
when I was 14, there was a part of me that still secretly believed in faeries, so why not make a fairy dress for that off chance that they do exist! If barbie ever needed another fairy dress for her extensive wardrobe then this would be almost perfect for her!
Last but not least is my blue Cinderella like gown, that I wore once to a teen pageant and then a fashion design competition. I can still remember clearly quickly sewing on the sequins on both days of these events, minutes before I went on stage. Lets just say i'm probably not cut out for the hectic pageant lifestyle!
Anyways I hope you enjoy looking at my past sewing projects and got a little glimpse into my past.
xxx