Alexus Steakhouse: Lifestyle Leak

Alexus Steakhouse in Clifton, NJ used to be one of my favorite places to get a steak, a Delmonico steak to be exact. My family and I have been going to Alexus for birthday celebrations, retirements, and other parties for years but I couldn't help but notice that the quality of the food and the service has gone way downhill and I will not be back.

First, the hot wings was always a staple at our table. The sauce was great and despite being covered in spicy sauce the wing itself was completely crispy, fast forward and the wing was completely soggy and there was hardly any sauce on there. Another thing I always looked forward to was the hot peppers and pickles that were brought to the table, like a typical restaurant would bring bread. But instead, I was asked if I would like the pickles and peppers. I know we're in a recession and everything but geez they gave me 1 pickle sliced into four spears and 2 slivers of a pepper. You asked me if I wanted it and I said YES! Bring me the real deal not some scraps that you just thought you could spare, please and thanks.

Now on to the biggest deal breaker, my steak. I always request my steak to be medium well and if the waitress tells me that they tend to over cook the meat I will ask for it medium because what I'm looking for is a light pink center, not bleeding onto my plate or totally brown in the center. If it was a restaurant like Fridays, I wouldn't expect it to be cooked correctly but this is supposed to be a STEAKHOUSE! Needless to say, my steak was overcooked. It was dark all the way through and tough. When I let the waitress know, (which took some time because she seemed to vanish) she goes oh yeah they tend to overcook the steak. Well, don't you think you should have shared this information? Overall, the experience was terrible and it's really sad to see how far this restaurant has slipped. But the good news is, I've found a new spot! I'll be sharing it for Lifestyle Leak in the upcoming weeks.

Try it for yourself:
Alexus Steak House & Tavern
955 Valley Road
Clifton, NJ 07013
Phone: 973-746-6600