Poolside Hair Favorites: Edition 1


I'm the girl by the pool with the huge sunglasses, killer caribbean like tan (if I must say so myself), and a bag full of hair products next to my lounger!  If you need a spray, lotion, or gel I have you covered.  I protect my skin and my hair at all times when I'm lounging by the pool, it might look like all fun and games but I'm serious about protecting myself.  Skin cancer is not just for white folks and damaged hair is never a good look.

Here are a few of my favorite hair items to keep on hand:

Redken Color Extend Sun Sparkling Shield 5.0 oz
Amazon.com for $17.38

Redken Color Extend Sun - Even though my hair isn't exactly color treated, I love the fact that this product contains Mango Oil to help moisturize my hair.

Frederic Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beachcomber Leave-In Conditioner (4 oz)

Federic Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beachcomber Leave-In, $22.95 Amazon.com

Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beachcomber Leave-in - I spritz this on when I'm planning on hitting the water again in a while.  It adds moisture to my hair and it feels renewed after using just a little bit.  You know how you're hair can feel dry after getting out of the water, even after rinsing?  Well this is the solution to that problem. 

Matrix Biolage Thermal-Active Repair Cream 5.1oz

Available from Amazon for $11.25

Biolage Thermal-Active Repair Cream - Even though this is a thermal product, meaning it's mean to be used with heat tools what's hotter than the sun?  This product gets a spot in my bag because it features Cera Heat Technology which is a restorative blend of ceramide and natural oils.  I save this product to use once I'm done with the pool and I'm just going to be laying out because it does provide a light hold.